0

Grammar : Question Tags

Monday, June 13, 2011
Share this Article on :
We usually use question tags in conversation and informal writing. A question tag consists of two words. We put them at the end of a statement to make a question. After a positive statement to make question. After a positive statements we use a negative tag.
Examples :

  • You go to school, don't you?
  • There is a clock in the class, isn't there?
After a negative statement, we use positive tag.
Examples :
  • Manokrawi is not in Sulawesi, is it?
  • You should not eat chilies, should you ?


Positive
Negative
Negative
Positive
With “be”
I am right
Aren’t I ?
I am not wrong
Am I
Kajol’s from India
Isn’t she?
Ann is not from India
Is she ?
You were there
Weren’t you?
You were not there,
Were you?
I was late
Wasn’t I ?
I was not late,
Was I ?
Simple present
You like music
Don’t you?
They don’t play tennis
Do they ?
Pat love reading
Doesn’t she?
Tom does not know
Does she ?
Simple Past
Tim talked to you
Didn’t he?
The boys did not swim
The children didn’t cry
Did they ?

Did they ?
Via went to Bali
Didn’t she ?
Yuda isn’t studying
Is she ?
Present continuous
It’s raining
Isn’t it?
The dog isn’t sleeping
Is it ?
The girls are going
Aren’t they?
With  “should”
Jim should leave soon,
Should not he ?
Lia shouldn’t be angry
Should she ?
With “there”
There’s a chair in your room,
Isn’t there?
There aren’t any books in your bag,
Aren’t there ?

(Taken From : English On Sky 2, 2007)


Artikel Terkait:

0 komentar:

Post a Comment